I am big fan of garlic and always try to in cooperate garlic in my breads. Last weekend was trying my hands on garlic rolls , and they turned pout pretty well. Here is the recipe to satisfy your taste buds.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour( I used Ashirwad select)
- 1.5 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 cups of water
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5-6 chopped/minced garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper as per taste
Steps to follow:
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow it to sit at room temperature for 15 mins.
- Once yeast is frothy, mix the flours, salt and oil to it.
- Knead into a smooth and soft dough.
- Spread oil on the whole kneaded dough and cover it. Let it rest for next 2 hours.
- Mix the butter with all the garlic & herbs. Add salt and mix it.
- Punch out the air from the dough when its double in size.
- divided the dough into two parts.
- Roll one of the part to form round or rectangular shape (1/2 inch thickness) and spread garlic mix evenly on it.
- Start rolling the dough in form on log so that garlic mix will remain inside.
- Repeat same steps 8 and 9 for the
- Now slice both the logs in equal parts. I made 4 small logs from the bigger log.
- Grease a pan and start placing all 8 small logs in it. Brush the tops with remaining garlic butter. Let the rolls rest in pan for second rise. It will take almost an hour.
- bake in a pre heated oven for 45-50 minutes at 180 degrees C till the tops are golden and sound hollow when tapped.
- serve with hot tomato soup and mayonnaise.