I am a chocoholic and every time when I think of baking something sweet, I like to adjust chocolate somewhere.
Recently I baked a chocolate chip muffin. This time I baked it with a twist so that it will be bit healthier. I opted for whole wheat flour instead of regular maida or all purpose refined flour. So personally I would suggest everyone should try it. It turned out fluffy and moist at the same time because of goodness of milk. It’s taste better when serve warm.
The origin of the recipe is from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook ( here they used all purpose flour, although I thought to use wholewheat to make it bit healthier)
- In a bowl, mix or sift together the wheat flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together with a beater till foamy and color changes to pale or off white,add the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk alternately into the egg mixture, until mixed evenly. Start and end with flour (as we do in cakes prepartaion)
- Mix in the melted butter at room temperature and at the end mix in the dark chocolate.
- Fill the batter into the muffin tray lined with muffin cups (you can get from crawford market easily) and bake for about 20 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Wait for 5 mins and remove from muffin pan and serve!!