Recently we have done a BBQ party with friends at their home .. Cooked chicken on charcoal. When we were back in Mumbai we started dreaming how awesome it would have been in case Mumbai flats to have balconies, we could have enjoyed BBQ at home to anytime of the day. The old buildings of Mumbai don’t have. balconies.. So suddenly a thought cross my mind why not try my hands on oven baked/ roasted/ grill chicken.
Marination of chicken breast I used boneless but am sure with bone will give same result.
3 medium breast pieces
Garlic paste 8-10 cloves
Ginger paste 2 inches
Curd 1/2 cup
1. Rub salt on chicken.
2. Mix rest of the ingredient to chicken and cover it.
3. Let it rest for an hour.
BBQ sauce: home made in minutes
Butter 2 tbsp
Chilli sauce 1tsp
Tomato sauce 1tsp
Soy sauce 1/2 tsp
Black pepper roasted and crushed 1tsp
Vinegar 2 tbsp
Corn flour 1tsp
Red chilli powder as per taste
Kashmiri mirch ( not so hot but give good red colour)
1. Preheat oven at 220 degrees for 15 mins.
2. With the help of brush or spoon spread the BBQ sauceon both sides.
3. On grill place a parchment paper and place all chickens on it.
4. Bake it for 10 mins. After every 10 mins we need to turn the sides of chicken for even cooking.
5. This need to be done for approximately 1 hour.
6. You may rub bit of oil at end for shiny look.
7. In last five minutes turn the oven mode to broil and bake again for five minutes.
Server with onion and green chutney.