On usual days I use to travel to different cities due to professional commitments , and one of the best things of those official trips was to hog on my fav “Waffles”. I as craving for those for sometime, thought of giving a try on my simple sandwich grill, as it was quite old the batter got stuck.. but I gave a shot on my appe pan .. and tadda it came out perfect. Drizzle it with my Nutella. And tongue satisfied now.
Note: waffle will come super smooth in griller to if coating is perfect on those plates.. mine is tat bit old.
1 Cup All purpose flour (Maida)
3 Tbsp Powdered sugar or castor sugar
1 Tsp Baking powder
1/4 Tsp Baking soda
1/4 Cup melted butter
1 1/2 Cup Warm milk
Nutella/Chocolate Syrup OR Honey
If you want to make in chocolate color , mix 1 tablespoon Choco Powder
I didn’t had chocolate powder so made it plain.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Use whisk to mix so that air can go in it.
- Add milk in batches to the dry ingredient bowl, keep on mixing, make sure no lumps will form.
- Mix till flowing consistency
- Add melted or softened butter in the same bowls, and mix it.
- I have small appe pan , and was able to make 4-5 waffle easily.
6. We need to pour this batter in non-stick appe pan when the pan is slightly warm.
7. Try to pour very thin layer, and if you pour more batter, it will come out bit thick.
8. The tip is once poured the batter, pick the pan in your hand and move it in all direction so that batter goes in each crevice and fill itself. Please refer images.
9. Put the pan back on flame for 1-2 min and take out the waffle out.
10. It will come out easily, just tap it upside down on chopping board/plate.
11. Drizzle with honey, chocolate syrup. I poured Nutella on it.