Recipe: Learned by hit and trial 🙂
All purpose flour- 1.5 cups/200gms
Ghee or butter-half cup or 70 gms
Condensed milk/Full cream-1 cup/180 gms (I used Amul Mithai mate)
Milk -1 cup/200gms
Sugar-1/2 cup (as condensed milk is quite sweet)
Baking pwd-1 tsp
Baking soda-0.5 tsp
Steps to follow:
1. Mix all dry ingredients together or you can swift too. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
2. Add chopped cherries too. Please make sure to add cherry with dry ingredient; if we add the raisins in end they have tendency to sink in the bottom of the cake.
3. Mix butter (at room temperature) and powdered sugar, till it becomes pale yellow and smooth.
4. To butter mix add condensed milk, make sure to mix well, no lumps should form there.
5. Start mixing flour mix to butter mix , slowly and keep stirring with spatula. Mix milk too in between so that the paste will become smooth not to runny and not too stiff.
Grease the baking pan with some butter or oil. Put some flour and rotate the pan so that whole inner surface of pan is covered with flour. We don’t want our cake to stick while taking out of the pan. always remember to follow this step.
Pour the mix into the pan. and place the pan in bake mode in Preheated over at 180 degree Celsius for 30 mins.
Test the cake by inserting knife or toothpick, if it comes out clean, the cake if fully baked, else but it back in oven for 10 more mins.
When the cake comes at room temperature slide a knife at the edges of the pan so that cake will come out easily out from the pan.